Ok kittens, I went to play dress up at Target this morning, trying on 6 pieces from cocktail to evening wear attire designed by Stylist Kate Young.
I must admit I was excited a few months ago about this collection, but as the time drew nearer for the collab to release and the step and repeat celeb pics were out I wasn't THAT impressed. I like the idea of the tuxedo white blazer but when I saw it on Michelle Williams, well I knew it wasn't that hot of an item. It was boxy and pajama looking.
The other two items I had my eye on were the leopard print bow booties and the tuxedo jumpsuit. let's jump to the jumpsuit, the one thing I really wanted to try on was not in my stores, nor any stores near me. It even appears to sold out online. :/ Well boo.
Now on to the dress up, I arrived at 11am-ish to my local Target (I wasn't going to wake up at the crack of dawn for this one) and the racks were full. Funny thing, on the accessory wall there was only 4 pairs of shoes, all size 8... I have no idea.
Note: I am trying on size 2 & XS in all the pics.
The shoes are 8's. My typical size shoe is normally a 7.5 to an 8.
1. Satin Blazer $49.99 - Cream with Satin Shorts-Black $29.99
-As for the satin shorts. I LOVE them. I like the high waist and sheen. I also like the length. I'm more modest and I just don't do short shorts. So these were perfect for me. And the pockets are functional. This will be a great option for date nights in the summer.
2. Open Back Evening Dress $89.99
- So obviously I love the polka dots! Did you notice the back? I really liked the ruffles draping down. It's so pretty. I would only get this if I'm able to snatch it up when it goes on sale, I just don't feel like $90 for a dress I'm not going to wear anytime soon is worth it right now.
3. Peplum Dress w/Tulle Navy & Black $69.99
4. Column Evening Dress $89.99
full dress. If not the same material.The best part of the dress is the back for the long bow of course. Otherwise it just didn't fit right on top, I felt like it was going to fall down any second. If this fits you and you have the perfect occasion for it, I say go for it!
5. Strapless Bow Dress - Floral Print $59.99
7. Neema Pump with Flame Detail $39.99
Overall I just didn't need a dress right now, so I didn't come home with any of the dresses even though they are quite pretty just way overpriced. BUT if and when they go on sale/clearance I'll be there to pick up the polka dot dress, the navy tulle dress and the leopard booties. Until then I'm quite satisfied with my black satin shorts and arrow barrettes! :D
Who shopped the collection today? What was your favorite piece? Or did you just pass on the whole collection?