The July Ipsy Glam Bag is themed "Sensationally Sunkissed."
Basically almost everything is summer time friendly! The Bag itself is super cute with it's pink scallops and it's waterproof. The perfect makeup bag for your beach bag.
Let's take a closer look at the contents shall we?
1. Models Own Nail Polish in Red Sea. It's a full size topcoat with a sheer red tint. The glistening topcoat glimmers in the light. The hand cut glitters retract the light. It's pretty cool.
2. bareMinerals 5-in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF15. ***Coming up for air. That was a mouthful, which is why I sat staring at this product for a few minutes just trying to figure it out. I proceeded to put it on my eyelids not quite knowing what it was. It's kind of a primer...a bb eyeshadow-Nm, I'm still confused. I received Barely Nude and just like the name suggest it was barely nude....It was way to dark for my eyelids giving it like a black eye effect. OK obviously not the look I was going for. Suitable for a base, and the formula was workable.
3. Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08. It's a natural, organic tanning oil with SPF. I was put off at first, since I'm not trying to attract skin cancer. But with the minimal SPF I think I'll try a quick leg tan on the patio and then run back inside the cave (house), hiss hiss!
4. Lord & Berry Kajal Stick. It's a kohl eye pencil in a rich creamy black. I love the intense black, but I didn't like the sample size...it was like waaaay mini sized, like the size of my thumb. I tried it without primer, fail. It immediately smudged and creased all over my eye.
5. Clear Clinic Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot Treatment. This super mini sample contains glycolic and salicylic acid, good for clearing up blemishes but too harsh for my skin since I'm using retin-a right now. Unfortunately I won't be able to test this one.
Overall, I'm sad to say I'm not too impressed with this months bag. I had a good run from Feb-June, with only two disappointing bags such as this month and Jan. I think what did it was the small sample sizes. Usually Ipsy hooks it up. But the pencil eye liner is so tiny it's not going to last more than a few shavings, with previous pencils I received full sized products!
I did really like the bag and the nail polish and I will try the spray soon. On another good note, a lot of other Ipsy subscribers got great bags, you should search them on insta, I was so jelly.
If you'd like to sign up for 4-5 beauty products a month for $10 use the link here-->http://www.ipsy.com/r/1pce
What did you guys think of this month's bag?